Why Massage during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, a woman’s body experiences changes in shape, composition, hormonal flow, fat and weight distribution, and posture. Massage therapy can help you cope with these changes over the course of your pregnancy. Studies have shown that massage can reduce stress hormones in your body and relax and loosen your muscles. Also, women who are touched compassionately on pregnancy and in labor end up touching their children more regularly, effectively, and sensitively.
Stefania is very familiar with the developmental stages that baby goes through in utero and understands the changes that come with being pregnant which makes for providing the best care and support for you.
Some Benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Reduced swelling
- Improvement of nerve pain
- Reduce stress
- Improved Respiration
- Improve digestive health
- Reduced aches and pains
- Improved posture
- Hormone regulation
- Increases immunity
- Increased Energy
Placenta Keepsake $280
In many cultures the placenta is considered the tree of life, and indeed, without it life would not be possible. So why not bring your body back into balance and nourish yourself by replenishing what was lost during childbirth. Please contact me to get details on the process.
- Placenta encapsulation (pill form)
- Placenta tincture
- Cord keepsake
- Placenta print (upon request)
*Pick-up and delivery
Traditionally, placenta capsules have been used to help:
- Balance your hormones
- Increase milk supply
- Combat Fatigue
- Increase your energy
- Prevent signs of aging
- Recover more quickly from childbirth
- Replenish what was lost during childbirth
- Bring the body back into balance
- Prevent and treat the “baby blues”
- Shorten postnatal bleeding time
- Increase postnatal iron levels
Sacred Womb Massage
The goal is to empower a woman to inhabit her pelvic space and occupy her feminine ground physically, energetically, emotionally & spiritually.
You’ll be guided into deep meditation, diaphragmatic breathing, and learn the basics of using your womb’s energy to heal itself. You will be given personalized strategies for achieving complete womb wellness. Each healing session is tailored to your needs. Includes a complete client intake with a womb history.
Restore, balance and enhance vibrant flow in the pelvic bowl of the female body and renew your womb center and support your feminine vitality.
Here’s why it works:
The uterus is held in position by muscles and ligaments that connect it to the pelvis. These uterine ligaments are designed to stretch as a baby begins to grow or as our bladders/bowels become full. When these ligaments and muscles become weak and loose, they can no longer hold up the uterus correctly. The result is a prolapsed or tipped uterus. The uterus can fall into any number of incorrect positions
Sacred womb massage assists you in getting in touch with your deepest self, your essence, intuition, the part that moves you of who you are so it can help you in any part of your life presently.
We listen to the internal messages of our body. Womb massage encourages you to inhabit your wholeness, to release our restrictions and to bring an ongoing awareness to our lives.
By seeking the sacred ask yourself some questions today.
What is sacred to you?
How do you honor the sacred aspects in your life?
How will you celebrate your sacred femininity?
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
A Birth Doula
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level